Friday, October 15, 2010

Day 40: Falafel

Today we made legumes! I am not a huge fan of beans, but with legumes came falafel!! It also worked out that I got to make the falafel recipe!

First off I pureed all of the ingredients in a blender. During this time, canola oil was being heated up in a huge pot. Once it hit the appropriate temperature I brought over the mixture and used a melon scooper to drop little balls of falafel mixture into the oil. They deep fried until golden brown and were then left to drain. After making around 50 falafel balls, I made a tahini sauces out of yogurt, tahini paste, and lemon juice. Now that everything was made we assembled pita pockets with sliced onion, lettuce, tomatoes, a few falafel balls and tahini.



For those Mamoun's fans out there, I am confident to say that this falafel is close competition!! Next time I cook Middle Eastern fare, this will be on the menu! 

No comments:

Post a Comment