Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Asia

Hello everyone! I apologize that I stopped posting on my blog. Between school, a job and an externship,  I had no time to keep up with this. Fortunately, I want to record everything that I made in school so I will be going back and writing about all of the cuisines we did in any free time I get.

During mod 3, we spent a full week covering different Asian cuisines. We studied, Thai, Chinese and its different regional cuisines, and Japanese. 
Some of my favorites are below. 

Braised tofu and turkey-this was my chef instructors favorite, and instantly became my favorite as well.  
 Steamed white rice-Lots of it.
Crisp Velvet Shrimp with Walnuts and Shitakes-velveting is a marinade using kosher salt, chinese rice wine, egg whites, and cornstarch.
Stir Fried vegetables
Peking chicken with cabbage salad

Egg drop soup

No comments:

Post a Comment